COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR CRICKET ACTIVITY:
All participants need to play a role in keeping themselves and others safe when it comes to Covid-19. The onus is on all of us to do what we can to slow the spread of this virus. For the most part, these requirements should align with what is being asked of the broader community in going about our daily lives and completing normal tasks. We all need to be more conscious now of hand hygiene, physical distancing and keeping surfaces and objects clean.
Kissing Point Cricket Club will have a comprehensive COVID-19 protocol in place to keep all of our members safe, but it will require everyone to do the right thing so we can all be as safe as possible.
More details will be at hand closer to the start of the season start. But here are some key points:
- Every player must read and understand the ‘return to train’ guidelines. See below:
- All players must have their own equipment – no sharing of gloves, pads or helmets.
- ‘Get in, Train, Get out’ on training days ensure players spend as little as possible
- At cricket grounds to minimize contact.
- All players should bring their own sanitizer if possible and wash their hands regularly.
- Ideally bring your own cricket ball but if that’s not possible it must stay with you for the session before being placed in a bag after being wiped down with Antibacterial wipes.
- No shining the ball with saliva.
- No handshaking, hi fives or hugs.
- Physical distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- Maximum of 5 people per net at any one time.
- Everyone must have their own water bottle.
- No one is to attend training if they have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has had COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- No one is to attend if they have been to Victoria or come into contact with someone from Victoria in the past 14 days.
- More details and protocols will be communicated in advance of the season starting.
Additional Information from Cricket Australia: