Season 22/23 information
Registration for season 22/23 is now open and planning for season 22/23 is underway. We are looking forward to the first ball being bowled in September.
You may have heard Cricket Australia has transitioned to PlayHQ for registrations this season. We have a dedicated page to assist with PlayHQ registrations.
A new committee for season 22/23 was elected at the AGM on 6th June 2022. We have a a few positions vacant that we would like to fill:
- Junior Coordinator - a very important position coordinating our Junior Mixed competition teams
- Junior Girls Co-ordinator - another important position helping to organise our Girls cricket teams
- Canteen Manager - yet another important position to help keep the canteen and bar open and stocked, helping to raise much needed funds for the club. The club has a vision of the canteen and bar being a central meeting point for locals on Friday evenings in summer.
If you are interested in one (or more) of these positions, or know someone who would be, please contact the President, Gavin Wellington.
We have a number of ordinary positions open to assist the committee with running the season. If you have skills to offer the club in any volunteering capacity, we'd like to hear from you.
We finished up season 21/22 at our Senior Presentation Night in May 2022, and an important part of the night was awarding our club trophies:
- Scott Roberts Memorial Shield - Club Champion - Werner Odendaal, 440 runs at 36.67, 19 wickets at 13.32, 6 catches
- John Wulff Memorial Award - club person of the year - Fiona Makin, Junior cricket coordinator
- Spirit of Cricket Award - Played or presented themselves according to the Spirit of Cricket - The Milne Family, Amanda, Andrew, Hayden and Nathan.
Congratulation to the much-deserved award winners.
Following on from our successful 3 match, T10 (60 ball inning) series of matches for Juniors and Seniors to celebrate our 60th anniversary, the club is looking at repeating this format for season 22/23. Watch this space.